What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
James Cameron’s Avatar gets a Collector’s Edition disc release just six months after making its 4K disc debut.

Released: 18 Dec 2009
Rated: PG-13
Runtime: 162 min

Director: James Cameron
Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Cast: Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Sigourney Weaver
Writer(s): James Cameron

Plot: A paraplegic Marine dispatched to the moon Pandora on a unique mission becomes torn between following his orders and protecting the world he feels is his home.

IMDB rating: 7.9
MetaScore: 83

Disc Information

Studio: Disney
Distributed By: N/A
Video Resolution: 2160p HEVC w/HDR

Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1
Audio: Dolby Atmos, English 5.1 DD, English 7.1...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
1703190109677.png

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Highly likely Amazon didn’t receive enough copies, but like I said, more should be on the way. Review discs went out late, so it is possible that retailers are also behind schedule.
Looks like Walmart has it in stock and available for shipping.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Happily I'm not in a hurry for it and the Amazon pre-order price was less than what Wal-Mart is selling it for, so I will wait.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Walmart is sold out. Sigh. At least it's selling well and that means Disney will be more favorably considering further forays into physical media, hopefully including back catalog Fox titles.

Wes Candela

Visual Storytelling Enthusiast
Premium
Real Name
Wes Candela
So just to help out here if I can
Both avatar and avatar the way of water releases are not in stock at Amazon.
I was asked if I still wanted my discs from them via email after being told it was on a truck for delivery yesterday.

I wrote back and said yes, I want this

They directed me back to Amazon‘s website where it is not in stock, and it cost more now

In order to complain, I would need to call Amazon

It looks like the only place to get it is now is Walmart

Something very strange is happening with 4K discs and Amazon right now during this holiday season

As somebody very close to me, had this exact problem happen with both the UHD release of oldboy and face off this week from Amazon. All scheduled to be delivered this week

all delayed.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Something very strange is happening with 4K discs and Amazon right now during this holiday season

As is typical for this time of year in recent memory, the limited replication capacity at the remaining North American plant, combined with an overwhelmed distribution network, was not able to deliver enough copies before everything started winding down for the holiday season.

A small number of third party sellers are using the Amazon platform to scalp individual copies at inflated prices, preying on consumers who are unaware of this.

Within the next few weeks (if not sooner), stock will be replenished, orders will be fulfilled, and business will resume as normal.

There is no need to panic.

Todd has already addressed this in his review threads for these titles.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
We've been talking about limited production capacity and delays in physical product for weeks. Nothing new here, IMO, especially when involving a Disney company and Amazon, a partnership that has also been troubled for years even without manufacturing delays.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks