What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Beetlejuice Exclusive Giftset (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I only buy certain box editions, and this is definitely going to be one I buy! I never get sick of this movie. Just watched it a few weeks ago and already feeling like watching it again. Is there any word on special features though? I remember hearing about a “Documentary for the Recently Deceased” that a group was trying to make but don’t know if it was ever finished.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I only buy certain box editions, and this is definitely going to be one I buy! I never get sick of this movie. Just watched it a few weeks ago and already feeling like watching it again. Is there any word on special features though? I remember hearing about a “Documentary for the Recently Deceased” that a group was trying to make but don’t know if it was ever finished.

Here's what's going on with the documentary.

https://www.facebook.com/beetlejuicedocumentary

Clay_E

Second Unit
With this set coming out in a few days, has anyone heard anything about bonus features? I assume the Blu-Ray contains a print from the 4K negative; that might be enough to get me to pony up for at least the basic edition, since I already have the old Blu-Ray and would upgrade for a better picture.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I assume the Blu-Ray contains a print from the 4K negative

Unfortunately, you assume incorrectly. The press release for the WB catalog Blu-rays that was posted a while back in its own thread indicated that the Blu-ray discs would have the same bonus features as before. I am pretty sure this means the Blu-rays are the same and they are not changing that format at all. This is a real missed opportunity to improve the release because obviously the Blu-ray has been out for a long time, so it's an old transfer and features very slim bonuses.

I do not need the film in 4K because I am not equipped for that. So, unless reviews indicate otherwise, I'm keeping my old disc and leaving it at that.

Clay_E

Second Unit
Unfortunately, you assume incorrectly. The press release for the WB catalog Blu-rays that was posted a while back in its own thread indicated that the Blu-ray discs would have the same bonus features as before. I am pretty sure this means the Blu-rays are the same and they are not changing that format at all. This is a real missed opportunity to improve the release because obviously the Blu-ray has been out for a long time, so it's an old transfer and features very slim bonuses.

I do not need the film in 4K because I am not equipped for that. So, unless reviews indicate otherwise, I'm keeping my old disc and leaving it at that.

Thanks very much, Jake! You just saved me a lot of money. Unfortunately, it seems like WB is never going to get its act together when it comes to this movie.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg

That’s not necessarily true - Warner has released a bunch of 4K catalog titles which included the new master on BD with the same bonus features as the previous edition. 2001: A Space Odyssey, The Shining, the four Batman movies from 1989-97, etc.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Warner has released a bunch of 4K catalog titles which included the new master on BD with the same bonus features as the previous edition.

Well, in that case, we'll have to wait and see for reviews in order to be sure. I'd love to be wrong.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
I only buy certain box editions, and this is definitely going to be one I buy! I never get sick of this movie.

You will by the time WARNER's finished marketing the heck out of it, currently going through their 80's/90's titles to find the next House Icon (seeing as Batman, Harry Potter and Frodo aren't as currently box-office healthy as they used to be).

Let's hope you don't easily get sick of A Christmas Story, The Matrix or The Wizard of Oz, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks