What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Pre-Order Cool Hand Luke (1967) (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
My memory is getting very bad.

So, after reading these posts, I decided that I needed to see HOMBRE.

Looked on Apple TV and saw it was $10. Before I hit purchase, I did a search of my DVDProfiler as I often forget what I have in my physical media library.

Lo' and Behold, a Blu-ray of HOMBRE came up. I have it. It's the copy released by Twilight Time. It was open, which leads me to believe I watched it at some point. I'll have to go back and reference the Twilight Time thread here on HTF to see if I added any comments to it. In any case, I don't remember watching it so I'll have to give it another spin.
Such a good film. Newman gives one his his best stoic performances. But Richard Boone steals the show.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
My first exposure to Mr. Newman on the big screen was the first run of The Silver Chalice. Next I remember Somebody Up There Likes Me. And so on...No, I didn't catch all his movies first run, but I caught most of the early ones via revival houses in NYC.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
329281151_1555370441611275_8796241818710401876_n.jpg 329241552_3491230234440427_2120916895232171282_n.jpg

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Cool Hand Luke Ultra HD Blu-ray contains the following previously released special features:

• Commentary by Eric Lax
  • “A Natural-Born World-Shaker: Making Cool Hand Luke” (featurette)
  • Trailer

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Great-looking 4K - probably the best of the April 4 WB releases.

"Maltese Falcon" and "Rebel Without a Cause" also look good, but this one stands out as the top to me.

This is so good to hear. It's such a great film. I will wait for a price reduction and pick this up on disc -- which is a rarity for me these days. Thank you for checking in and letting us know how this looks.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Damn. I've been trying to at least slow down my repeat buys, but that movie is too good, and I have the original BR, which isn't great. A month +/- wait, but oh well.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just ordered COOL HAND LUKE. About a two-month wait but worth it at that price point. I am in no hurry.

I don't have room for all these WB titles I have ordered over the past week, but hard to pass them up at $10 per.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Just ordered COOL HAND LUKE. About a two-month wait but worth it at that price point. I am in no hurry.

I don't have room for all these WB titles I have ordered over the past week, but hard to pass them up at $10 per.
FWIW, Ron. I ordered it from Amazon as well, with a 4-6 week wait, but eventually decided to go ahead and order it from Best Buy, along with some other deals Amazon wasn't matching or is out of stock on, and it's supposed to arrive on Tuesday 11/21. Once it ships, I'll cancel the Amazon order, but I'm waiting until at least then. Maybe until it actually arrives.

Last edited:

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I ordered mine from Best Buy and it's out for delivery today. Must have gotten in just under the wire.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I ordered mine from Best Buy and it's out for delivery today. Must have gotten in just under the wire.
I didn't end up ordering it from BB until last night. If it goes out today, it wouldn't surprise me if I got in in two days. Saturday 11/18 instead of Tuesday 11/21. BTW, I just realized I put the wrong month in my previous post. Should have been 11/21, not 12/21.

Actually, it's been packaged and has a tracking #. Coming FedEx from Colorado Springs, 150 miles away, in which case I should have it tomorrow.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I didn't end up ordering it from BB until last night. If it goes out today, it wouldn't surprise me if I got in in two days. Saturday 11/18 instead of Tuesday 11/21. BTW, I just realized I put the wrong month in my previous post. Should have been 11/21, not 12/21.

Actually, it's been packaged and has a tracking #. Coming FedEx from Colorado Springs, 150 miles away, in which case I should have it tomorrow.

I've ordered quite a few discs from Best Buy over the past couple of weeks, and every one of them has been delivered within 2-3 days. They're moving things out quickly it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks