What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (1 Viewer)

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Never heard of it before, but maybe I'll give it try...

_Man_

Features 2 actors from the legendary comedy show, SCTV. Based on a recurring skit from that show. SCTV is in the top 5 of my favorite television comedies of all time about a fledging TV station and their idiotic television programs.

This film, based on the skit, expands and sometimes veers-off from that TV show. The movie has plenty of humor, slapstick and absurd moments. It also has a couple of scenes like Tino mentioned, "are an acquired taste". But there's never a dull spot.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Picked up The Blackening for $4.99 on iTunes. Another one to hold in reserve for the October Scary Movie Challenge.

Never heard of it before, but maybe I'll give it try...
Imagine Shakespeare's Hamlet, set in 1980s Canada, featuring the cast of SCTV, and Rick Moranis & Dave Thomas reprising their Bob and Doug McKenzie characters from the "Great White North" sketches as the movie's Rosencrantz and Guildenstern. The movie's Hamlet is a brewery heiress, and Max von Sydow of Seventh Seal and Exorcist fame is the villain.

Last edited:

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Fanflix is having a big WB "100 Years in Hollywood" sale. Three titles for $4.99 each and an extra 20% off with promo code "HOLLYWOOD20". All titles are MA compatible:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I did pick up Mr Destiny from iTunes.
its never been lower or any other price then $18
Now its $5 so that was a quick and easy buy.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I know that. My point was that Warner doesn’t always upgrade but instead creates a new listing that orphans the original listing.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I know that. My point was that Warner doesn’t always upgrade but instead creates a new listing that orphans the original listing.
But if it redeems in 4K in MA, and the mapping to iTunes is still to an HD version, that will eventually get fixed. I don’t think anyone redeeming a 4K code though MA has ever permanently been screwed out of 4K.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Fandango at Home (Vudu) has 100 MGM titles on sale to celebrate MGM’s 100th Anniversary. There are four titles that F@H has exclusively in 4K that you can take advantage of picking up for $5 each.

Some Like it Hot (4K HDR)
The Apartment (4K)
Fistful of Dollars (4K)
For a Few Dollars More (4K)
iTunes also has The Apartment available in 4K.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinkletoes
Recent bookmarks