What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (2 Viewers)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
iTunes has Aliens 4K available for $4.99 today:

Frank Ha

Second Unit
Real Name
Frank Harrison
Fandango at Home/Vudu has a mistake on their site in which they have the HDX of Invaders from Mars (1953) on sale for $1.99. Grab it while you can before they correct their mistake. I played back my 1.99 purchase and it's the Ignite restoration in HD.
I haven’t seen it, but for two dollars I thought I would check it out. Thanks, Robert!

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Columbo, what seems to be the first 7 seasons is $25 on iTunes

Great price and fortunately in HD.

The Complete Three Stooges - all 190 original shorts - also on sale @ $25. But SD only.

For whatever reason, Sony still hasn’t released this in HD even though they remastered all films in HD. What are they waiting on? We need HD digital or no sale.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
iTunes has Steel Magnolias in 4K/Dolby Vision for $4.99. Grab it while you can.
The VUDU version also has Dolby Atmos. As long as your accounts are linked with Movies Anywhere you get the movie purchased on iTunes on VUDU.

Sleepless in Seattle has apparently upgraded to 4K on VUDU but as of today is still HD on iTunes.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Fandango at Home/Vudu has a mistake on their site in which they have the HDX of Invaders from Mars (1953) on sale for $1.99. Grab it while you can before they correct their mistake. I played back my 1.99 purchase and it's the Ignite restoration in HD.
Thanks for the tip! The price was still valid, and I snapped it up.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
MUBI has a “flash” years subscription sale @ $79 until Tuesday.

For those unfamiliar, it’s a streaming service. They specialize in international, independent and award wining films. A pretty good selection if you enjoy those genres.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 4.44.01 PM.png

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Pretty good 5 for $14.99 Sony deal on FanFlix:

Quite a few 4K titles.

I just used this for:

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Leon: The Professional (Extended Cut)
The Fifth Element
Sleepless in Seattle
Adaptation

Actually already had CTHD, Leon and FE in HD because I originally redeemed my 4K DCs (from 4K discs) via Vudu back when they only had HD and I didn't know better, so was stuck w/ that til now -- I basically refused to spend even $5 each to "fix" those "mistakes" since I already owned the 4K discs anyway, but this FanFlix deal was just enticing enough for me to acquiesce (although I suppose I could also just keep waiting for the next, less frequent Vudu $5 sale on each to use the Fandango $5 codes I frequently "earn" nowadays from using my AMC A-List sub)...

Of course, as I've mentioned elsewhere, apparently, the extended cut entry of Leon on MA won't port over to Apple/iTunes at all even though it should (and I mainly only use Apple/iTunes via ATV4K for watching purchased/redeemed movies in 4K), sigh... I guess if that disconnect won't ever be fixed/resolved, I might eventually use a Fandango $5 code to buy the other/theatrical version entry on Vudu or something to "fix" it (again) for myself... :rolleyes:

Well, at least Sleepless in Seattle didn't port over to the still separately available HD entry on Apple/iTunes, LOL... :rolleyes:

_Man_

Last edited:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
This is the new reality. The days of the free 4K upgrade are coming to an end with this tactic of dead-ending older HD digitals and adding new digital files that are either 4K or can be upgraded to 4K in the near future. My most recent experience is The Departed, a Warner title. Another example is Sleepless in Seattle, a Sony title.

Once Upon a Time in the West is the latest example with it being a Paramount movie.
Is there any chance that my older copy of the film stil upgrades to 4k?
Nothing has changed in it so far.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Is there any chance that my older copy of the film stil upgrades to 4k?
Nothing has changed in it so far.
There is a chance. I bought my iTunes HD digital back in 2017, when I wasn't even thinking about getting a free 4K upgrade. Anyhow, I'm not worried about it because I have the 4K/UHD on preorder and purchased the Vudu 4K/Dolby Vision over a year ago.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
My old Departed did not upgrade and I don’t expect it to.
I just bought the code from someone for $5 so now I have two of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katarianig
Recent bookmarks