What's new
World Wide Stereo

Do I have this hooked up right? (1 Viewer)

Dave H.

Grip
Hi folks, I have an older toshiba tv. It has hdmi outputs , when I want to see “on screen display”from receiver I have to change the tv imput to dvd! My question is do you still have to do that with a newer tv or receiver, or can you hook it up so for example when I want to setup receiver I just push the Setup button on remote and it displays on tv? Hope this makes sense, thanks in advance.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Some older AVRs did not output their onscreen display over hdmi. You dont mention what connection you are using for the dvd input on the tv, or your AVR model, but if your onscreen display works on one hdmi output it should work on all. Otherwise your dvd input might be component, no? Newer AVRs, for the most part, send their onscreen display out over all video outputs.

Dave H.

Grip
Some older AVRs did not output their onscreen display over hdmi. You dont mention what connection you are using for the dvd input on the tv, or your AVR model, but if your onscreen display works on one hdmi output it should work on all. Otherwise your dvd input might be component, no? Newer AVRs, for the most part, send their onscreen display out over all video outputs.
Thanks for your reply on this. My AVR is a Marantz, I realized I didn’t have my cable box running through my receiver. Now I don’t have to change the imput on tv to get onscreen display! I had to run a lot of cables thru a sling box and I don’t think I had it hooked up properly. All is good now. I made it more complicated then it had to be, lm a rookie! Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks