What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Disney+ Echo (Marvel Cinematic Universe) (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
"Better Call Saul" writer Marion Dayre is the head writer for the first season. Navajo filmmaker Sydney Freeland ("Rutherford Falls", "Reservation Dogs") is the producing director. Gunaikurnai filmmaker Catriona McKenzie is also directing episodes.

Streaming exclusively on Disney+ in 2023, the origin story of Echo revisits Maya Lopez, whose ruthless behavior in New York City catches up with her in her hometown. She must face her past, reconnect with her Native American roots and embrace the meaning of family and community if she ever hopes to move forward.

First-look image:
Production is Underway in Atlanta For Marvel Studios’ Series “Echo” Coming to Disney+ in 2023

Additional casting:
  • Chaske Spencer (“Wild Indian,” “The English”)
  • Tantoo Cardinal (“Killers of the Flower Moon,” “Stumptown”)
  • Devery Jacobs (FX’s “Reservation Dogs,” “American Gods”)
  • Cody Lightning (“Hey, Viktor!” “Four Sheets to the Wind”)
  • Graham Greene (“1883,” “Goliath”)
Reprising their roles from "Hawkeye":
  • Zahn McClarnon (“Dark Winds,” FX’s “Reservation Dogs”) as William Lopez, Maya's late father, who raised her while leading the tracksuit mafia.
  • Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk/Kingpin: a crime lord in New York, responsible for the death of Lopez's father.
Reprising his role from Spider-Man: No Way Home:
  • Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock/Daredevil: A blind lawyer from Hell's Kitchen, New York who leads a double life as a masked vigilante, and is searching out a former ally.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Apparently the show has been hit with a delay, and won’t be released in the spring or summer. It’s now looking like December 2023, according to recent reports. Hope this doesn’t delay Daredevil.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Actors are sometimes the last to know, but still…

Further down that twitter thread, someone referred to this tweet:

Not sure if that’s really Alaqua Cox as there’s no verified mark (which doesn’t mean anything anyway these days) but it does sound like her…

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Further down that twitter thread, someone referred to this tweet:

Not sure if that’s really Alaqua Cox as there’s no verified mark (which doesn’t mean anything anyway these days) but it does sound like her…

Of course, keep in mind that there have been several stories lately about the Marvel D+ shows rolling out at a slower pace. Some stories suggested that only Secret Invasion and Loki would premiere this year. If Echo is in the mix (and I hope it is), that’s closer to normal for them. The other thing to consider is that Echo almost certainly has to come before Daredevil Born Again which is set for next spring, and I get the impression they don’t want to delay that one.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Hmm… I hope this doesn’t signal a lack of faith in the show. I’m really looking forward to Echo!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I hope this doesn’t signal a lack of faith in the show.

I'm looking forward to it as well. But I'm not really sure how else to interpret this. It is such a drastic move from how they have handled everything else.

Especially with scripted series being somewhat limited this fall due to the strike, you would think they would want to do it weekly. In addition to being their traditional method, a weekly drop allows them to stretch out the arrival of what completed scripted content they do have at their disposal for as long as possible.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I think it looks good. I’ve thought for a while now that the MCU needed the kind of grounded stories that we were used to seeing on the Netflix shows. And, of course, it has Vincent D’Onofrio, so… sold.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I thought they put this on hold.
Getting hard to keep track of what’s going on with these shows.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
I think it looks interesting. I liked Alaqua Cox in Hawkeye.

Note that it seems to be rated TV-MA.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks