What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Netflix Manifest (NBC/Netflix) (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I’m currently catching up on the three episodes that have aired recently. And bumping this thread. 😁

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I am a few episodes behind, but I am enjoying what has happened so far this season.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The show was canceled in the wee hours of the morning today. It is the one cancellation this season that really hits like a gut punch. I was really invested in several of the characters and the intriguing storyline, and it will be hard to leave those many cliffhangers from the season finale without a resolution.

Netflix is now running the three seasons. The hope is that the service will buy the show and continue to produce the intended three additional seasons in the original show bible. (They did this previously with Longmire.)

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I was worried this might happen.

With the uncertainty, they weren't able to do a proper season finale. (Especially rough for Ty Doran)

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
My wife and I were still several episodes behind. 😔 Hate it when this happens. It’s a huge guilty pleasure for us.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Netflix is now running the three seasons. The hope is that the service will buy the show and continue to produce the intended three additional seasons in the original show bible. (They did this previously with Longmire.)
It's performing well there, but the tricky thing is the budget. This is a network show, and network shows are expensive. On top of that, it's a show with a large cast that shoots on location in New York City. "Longmire", "Arrested Development", "Gilmore Girls", and "Lucifer" were all cheaper than "Manifest" to make.

That being said, if I were Warner Bros. I would make Netflix a really enticing offer to pick the show up for one final season, even an abbreviated run, because shows like this sell a lot better down the line if they have a proper ending. That's what Entertainment One did with "Designated Survivor".

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
because shows like this sell a lot better down the line if they have a proper ending.
This! I’ve been trying to convince my wife for a while now to be more selective of the kinds of shows we start watching, and after the Manifest news today, I think she’s finally ready to avoid certain types of shows that story-wise would require a complete narrative to be fulfilling.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member

‘Manifest’ May Be Saved As Netflix, NBC Eye New Season Of Canceled Series

Both NBC and Netflix are in talks with Warner Bros. It's unknown whether a cooperative approach is being considered, similar to Netflix's multi-year deal with The CW, or if the two parties are competitors.

Apparently one of the big sticking points for Netflix is that Warner Bros. already sold the international rights to the series, so there would be a lot of countries where it wouldn't have the rights to the show unless it bought out the current rights holder.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I had not read this latest update, so thanks, Adam, as always for your timely news and views. I hate to ratchet up any hope at all, but one can't help but feel a bit of a twinge that maybe something can be worked out.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member

Netflix has renewed NBC's science fiction mystery series for an extended fourth and final season. The twenty additional episodes, which will drop in multiple parts, cover the story that creator Jeff Rake had originally intended for the fourth through sixth seasons.

Warner Bros. has renegotiated with its international partners so that Netflix will (eventually) be the global home of the series regardless of the market you're in.

Josh Dallas, Melissa Roxburgh, and J.R. Ramirez have apparently closed deals to return. Parveen Kaur and Luna Blaise are still in negotiations to return. Matt Long has a new NBC pilot that is in first position, but his contract for that contains a one-year carve out which would allow him to also do "Manifest" as scheduling permits.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
It's great news for those of us who stayed with the show despite some rocky times especially over this past season where things really seemed to be going off the rails.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
This is exciting news. They can completely plan out the rest of the series and streamline it for those 20 episodes. It is not the three more seasons that were originally planned, but I'm sure they can make it work.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
When it was announced it was cancelled I just stopped watching. Now that it's been picked up (albeit an abbreviated final run) and will have a conclusion, I need to hop back on board.
Yeah, my wife and I were about 3 or 4 episodes into season three when the cancellation news hit and we were both stunned and put off finishing it. Knowing we’re getting a 20-episode conclusion, we’re thinking of actually going back to the beginning and starting it all over as we haven’t seen those episodes in quite a while now.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Josh Dallas, Melissa Roxburgh, and J.R. Ramirez have apparently closed deals to return.
Deadline reports that Parveen Kaur, Luna Blaise and Holly Taylor have all negotiated new deals with significant pay raises and will be returning as series regulars. Jack Messina and Athena Karkanis will not be returning. Ty Doran, who guest-starred the Season 3 finale, will be taking over the role of Cal Stone full time for Season 4.

Matt Long will recur during the fourth season if "Manifest" and his new NBC show can figure out a way to make the scheduling work with all of the COVID restrictions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks