What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Netflix Manifest (NBC/Netflix) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Last edited:
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member

Matt Long Confirms He Will Return for ‘Manifest’s’ Final Season

“I will be back for some of it, and we are just trying to work out the maximum amount that we can. I love the characters so much, but as you know, the show was canceled. The other show is a pilot. We don’t know what’s happening with it yet. It’s also a really awesome project. So, we’re just trying to work out schedules and everybody wants the best thing for everyone. So fingers crossed that it all works out for the best.”

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I never watched Manifest before and decided to try it last week. I made it to about halfway through season 2 before I completely lost interest.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
I hope they don't pull a Designated Survivor with this show and have everybody suddenlly throwing around expletives all over the place. I'm no prude, but completely changing how the characters speak just because you can totally takes me out of the show . At least with Lucifer, the newly-allowed adult content was sprinkled in very sparingly. With Designated Survivor, each and every character, all of a sudden, was dropping multiple F-bombs when none of them ever uttered one in either of the two previous seasons.

It felt like this was 1985 and I was watching The Hitchhiker again, waiting for the 'just because we can' obligatory shot of naked breasts.

GlennC

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Glenn
The excessive expletives were so jarring and seemed so out of place in the show. it was totally unnecessary and ruined the show for me.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Finished this during the extra "time" as we "fell back" this past Saturday.

I found this 10 episode drop to be very enjoyable and just as engrossing as the network run. Many surprising callbacks and use of already established supporting characters.

Holy cow, what an ending.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
My best friend and I have agreed that we'll only watch one episode a week so we can talk about it during our weekly lunch, but after watching episode one today, boy, am I tempted to binge the other nine! I won't because a deal is a deal, but it's going to be hard since they're RIGHT THERE FOR THE VIEWING.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I actually held off from watching the S3 2-hour finale because I knew it was going to have some kind of wicked cliffhanger. I watched it tonight and then started in on S4 and saw it jumped in time. I watched a few minutes and will continue later in the week.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Just finished the first episode of S4. It was a powerful episode. I really dislike the Netflix dumping model because it is so hard to discuss a series one episode at a time. And really hard to look up anything without coming across spoilers.

First off - we saw Cal mysteriously aged during the S3 finale. I haven't read anything about that, but I presume this was the solution to the child actor problem. They knew the actor who played young Cal was going to grow faster than the story was being told and so they turned that into a twist by having the character mysteriously jump into his "proper" age and get a new actor.

It is weird seeing act breaks where normally there would be advertisements and there are none. My mind anticipates wanting to skip over them, but there isn't anything to skip.

I hope the subsequent episodes show how they got to what we saw at the end of episode 1. I'm looking forward to seeing more episodes. I am also hoping that at some time the show-runner will discuss how he compressed his original multi-season season plan into this final season.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I was going to watch max one episode a night. Just watched episode 4 and it ended in a gigantic cliffhanger. On to episode 5.

[45 minutes or so later]That was intense, but it is a good stopping point.

And I am liking the brief flashbacks to the time between the S3 finale and the S4 opener. I think there were originally going to be three more seasons and now we have one. I can't imagine that the beginning of this season would have been the beginning of the original final season.

Last edited:

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
So, I watched episode 6 and there is one specific thing that annoys me.

A few episodes back Eden was happily communicating in some fashion with her dad long distance. She even wrote "Dad" in her food. She went to him in the basement of that house. Now she is there in person with him and feels absolutely nothing? I know she misses her "mommy", but I don't buy this. Maybe it will all make sense in a few episodes.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Just watched Episode 7. This current plotline is really ramping up.

I don't know what happens next episode, but I fear some bad writing upcoming as one of the central questions from right at the end could be answered in 2 minutes.

Okay, as soon as Violet said she helped Angelina we knew with high probability that she was going to be next. The pattern appears to be people who helped Angelina in some fashion. Her mother seems like a good suspect, but there is no good evidence about that yet.

About Cal being a suspect, that should be cleared up in no time. He was just texting her from the house. There should be texts on his phone and her phone with time stamps. There should be location information. They should prove that there was not enough time between the texts and her death for him to be involved. There is absolutely no reason to run or panic about it.

In addition even if he was there, he probably doesn't weigh enough to have thrust the knife so deeply in those bodies.

Just needed to get that out of my system.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Just watched Episode 8 and it was better written than I feared and I was satisfied on how things were resolved there. It is at a good point to give it a breather and I'll catch up on some other series the rest of the week.

I saw on some rumor site that since the "death date" is June 2 that they may be releasing Part 2 on that date next year. Production of Part 2 apparently finished in October according to this other site.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
After taking time to watch Andor, I watched the final 2 episodes of the first half tonight. It was a pretty impressive cliffhanger there.

So, Saanvi told Gupta that Angelina was loose with the sapphire. Now instead of trying to find Angelina, she decides to take Vance and Saanvi's work by force.

Angelina is walking all over the place and strange things are happening around her. Why isn't anyone noticing? Wouldn't that be something the registry is interested in? Wouldn't someone have reported it? Now Vasquez is working for the registry. Why didn't he try to get their resources to find her before things got as bad as they did this episode?

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
just finished. Highly enjoyable final season.

Only one quibble -
We didn't get to see Zimmer (madame Hitler) get any comeuppance. Episode after episode I kept yelling at the scream for someone, please, to take her out.

And hopefully,
all the good they've done will still be done, all the tragedies they prevented will still be prevented

Overall, I am very happy they leaned into the story they told. No fakeouts.

It was a good four years.

Last edited:

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Glad to hear folk are satisfied with how they wrapped it up. I have only watched the first new episode and I might watch some more this week, but I just don't like binging series. I like each episode to sit for a while in most cases. So, I'll be back in some undermined number of weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xcvbszdfzsfsa
Recent bookmarks