What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Press Release MPI Press Release: The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet Seasons 1 & 2 (DVD) (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
If this were to happen that would be most extraordinary. People have waited for 4 season shows to be released over several years and sometimes in two volumes for each season. Do you seriously believe they're going to release 14 seasons of a series with 435 episodes in 6 months? If they released two episodes a day that would be less than 435 episodes through the end of December. Your legitimate response, however, can be:

I agree with you, and I hope fans support this effort so the series doesn’t stall.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
If MPI releases two seasons of O & H each month starting with this month, June, season 13 and the 14th/final season would be released in December just in time for the holidays. This would be great to have the series completed at the end of the year but will see what happens.

If we get news that seasons 5 and 6 are going to be released in August, everyone prepare for a sonic boom emanating from the state of Florida. That will be me screaming with joy.

:drum:

It’s probably too good to be true though. Sigh… :mellow:

Gary “if we get two seasons per month through the remainder of 2022 it will be the single greatest thing to ever happen in the annals of physical media releases“ O.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
If we get news that seasons 5 and 6 are going to be released in August, everyone prepare for a sonic boom emanating from the state of Florida. That will be me screaming with joy.

Gary “if we get two seasons per month through the remainder of 2022 it will be the single greatest thing to ever happen in the annals of physical media releases“ O.
But I think we’ll get them eventually. MPI has to release them slowly so that the product is absorbed into the market and they recoup their investment.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
But I think we’ll get them eventually. MPI has to release them slowly so that the product is absorbed into the market and they recoup their investment.

I’ll share with you my reason for hoping they do come that quickly, even though I know that’s incredibly unlikely: The Economy.

I’m quite concerned that we’re looking at a serious recession coming, and I’m hoping this series doesn’t get lost in the shuffle because money gets tight.

But for that concern I would be fine with seeing it trickle out bit by bit over the course of the next two or three years.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
If this were to happen that would be most extraordinary. People have waited for 4 season shows to be released over several years and sometimes in two volumes for each season. Do you seriously believe they're going to release 14 seasons of a series with 435 episodes in 6 months?
It would be 7 months, not 6 months.

Seasons 3 and 4 are already scheduled for July release, so will wait and see if MPI continues the same current pattern and schedules seasons 5 and 6 for August release.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee

Would be great news indeed if seasons 5 and 6 get scheduled for August release.

I would think that MPI wants to make all 14 seasons available to the customers as soon as possible. Seasons 1 and 2 are coming this month/June, then seasons 3 and 4 next month/July, so at least things are off to a good start.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
I’ll share with you my reason for hoping they do come that quickly, even though I know that’s incredibly unlikely: The Economy.

I’m quite concerned that we’re looking at a serious recession coming, and I’m hoping this series doesn’t get lost in the shuffle because money gets tight.

But for that concern I would be fine with seeing it trickle out bit by bit over the course of the next two or three years.
Gary, please turn off the news and turn on some Ozzie & Harriet instead!! It's much healthier.

The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet-2.jpg The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet-3.jpg The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet-5.jpg The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet-6.jpg The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet-7.jpg The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet-9.jpg The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet-10.jpg

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello

I agree with what you are saying . I am trying to be optimistic. 4 seasons , plus the Time-Life sets is a pretty good start.
BUT, if it were up to me , I’d love to see a complete 14 season mega set immediately! Hey , you plunk down your $250-300, and you have it all.
But, I’m optimistic, we’ll see 5 & 6 soon ,and the complete series eventually.
We just need to support this effort so MPI doesn’t take a financial hit and slow down or stop releases.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
I agree with what you are saying . I am trying to be optimistic. 4 seasons , plus the Time-Life sets is a pretty good start.
BUT, if it were up to me , I’d love to see a complete 14 season mega set immediately! Hey , you plunk down your $250-300, and you have it all.
But, I’m optimistic, we’ll see 5 & 6 soon ,and the complete series eventually.
We just need to support this effort so MPI doesn’t take a financial hit and slow down or stop releases.
Suggestion: Create threads in other areas of this forum and on other forums to get the word out.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
I get it. Quite a great deal! Thanks!

Last edited:

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Looking forward to hearing when members here start receiving shipping notices for seasons 1 and 2...assuming of course that these first two sets ship out in advance so U.S. buyers receive them on or near street date. Guessing that I won't get mine here in Japan until the end of the month at the earliest. Only a little more than a week to go, guys...getting excited!

Adv_of_Ozzie_and_Harriet_Nelson_Family_1956_No_2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks