What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Press Release MPI Press Release: The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet Seasons 1 & 2 (DVD) (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’m near the end of season 9 in my viewing of the show - I think I’ll pause my trip forward and go back to season 1 when I get these discs rather than waiting until I finish watching the PD versions all the way through. It’s gonna be weird seeing the boys go from college age to kids again seemingly overnight. But it’ll also be great to see Thorny again. And my season 1 viewing was originally done in 2019-2020, so it’s been enough time that the episodes will seem fresh. Most of them I saw at that time were being watched in the middle of the night in between taking care of my then baby twins, so I’m sure there’s a lot I’ve forgotten.

The gentle nature of this show was the perfect balm for both the hectic days of early parenthood (which is why I sought it out in the first place, with a little shepherding from @Gary OS and the rest of our group here), and when early parenthood hectic-ness (is that a word?) rolled into early pandemic lockdowns, it continued doing that job. I also remember taste testing like twenty different cherry sodas during that time and starting a thread about that - the things you find to amuse yourself when you’re up all night every night for six months :)

E0ABA436-0810-40E7-BF3E-7611C4733DA2.jpeg

Bert Greene

Screenwriter
My copies probably won't come in until maybe Saturday, or even next Monday. That's always the case with my pre-orders of new releases. I think I must just live at the 'end of the line,' postally speaking, here in my hot, dusty Texas town.

But I'll be anxious to hear what people have to say about these once they start arriving.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
As Jeff Flugel said here in his Andrea Martin tribute "Sammee Tong clearly relishes getting all the best lines." I've been hunting down Bachelor Father episodes all day. Sadly there just aren't too many which are watchable!

There's a few hundred posted at DailyMotion, YouTube and Archive.org. These five episodes are the best I could find.
I recorded all of the ones that Antenna ran years ago, perfect quality, uncut with no logos. I picked up the missing ones from either 16mm or Retro TV. Before anyone starts saying they weren't born yet or they were in diapers, these things ran at most 6 or 7 years ago.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I recorded all of the ones that Antenna ran years ago, perfect quality, uncut with no logos. I picked up the missing ones from either 16mm or Retro TV. Before anyone starts saying they weren't born yet or they were in diapers, these things ran at most 6 or 7 years ago.
I have some good quality ones recorded off RTN/RTV. I haven't seen the ones currently airing on Antenna TV. Are these still uncut with no logos? You are also very fortunate to have a lot of shows recorded off 16mm.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
You are excited about the Ozzie & Harriet release tomorrow. It is clear to see.
icon_e_thumbsup.gif

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Why does anything stop? Because it doesn't sell.
Or they lose sight of what fans want == or change in mgmnt look at the guy who left Olive for KINO - KINO doing wunderbar Olive MIA or studios won't give up the oldies --still no burns and allen season sets??? Thank heavens for Sam Nelson and MPI! I havent bought SHOUT product in years now.

Last edited:

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I’m near the end of season 9 in my viewing of the show - I think I’ll pause my trip forward and go back to season 1 when I get these discs rather than waiting until I finish watching the PD versions all the way through. It’s gonna be weird seeing the boys go from college age to kids again seemingly overnight. But it’ll also be great to see Thorny again. And my season 1 viewing was originally done in 2019-2020, so it’s been enough time that the episodes will seem fresh. Most of them I saw at that time were being watched in the middle of the night in between taking care of my then baby twins, so I’m sure there’s a lot I’ve forgotten.

The gentle nature of this show was the perfect balm for both the hectic days of early parenthood (which is why I sought it out in the first place, with a little shepherding from @Gary OS and the rest of our group here), and when early parenthood hectic-ness (is that a word?) rolled into early pandemic lockdowns, it continued doing that job. I also remember taste testing like twenty different cherry sodas during that time and starting a thread about that - the things you find to amuse yourself when you’re up all night every night for six months :)

View attachment 142336
If I could’ve given you a double, or triple, thumbs up for that post I would have, Josh. Especially for the addition of the soda. Love me some good Stewarts. Of course Dr Pepper will always be my go to. 😉

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
I guess I was just too busy downloading classic series in HD to worry about capturing series with older prints off Antenna TV. More and more series are starting to appear in HD, which is sure a joy to watch.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Why does anything stop? Because it doesn't sell.
That’s probably true , but I heard they did pretty well with Dobie Gillis and Sgt Bilko which were the last two B&W sitcoms they released. I’d guess that things like Tombstone Territory probably didn’t do well for them.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
I’d guess that things like Tombstone Territory probably didn’t do well for them.
Too bad, as that's a really good series.

Nice to hear that several members have received shipping notifications for O & H Seasons 1 and 2. Amazon still hasn't shipped mine. (Grrr, aargh!) Hopefully it will go out on release day tomorrow. You guys will probably have worked your way halfway through the S1 set by the time I get mine delivered over here in Osaka. ;)

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Too bad, as that's a really good series.

Nice to hear that several members have received shipping notifications for O & H Seasons 1 and 2. Amazon still hasn't shipped mine. (Grrr, aargh!) Hopefully it will go out on release day tomorrow. You guys will probably have worked your way halfway through the S1 set by the time I get mine delivered over here in Osaka. ;)
Do not fret. I will post some screen caps just for you.
icon_e_sinister.gif

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I would very much like to hear that story. View attachment 142352

Ok, forgive me everyone else for the tangent :D

When I was in high school, I had a close friend in sophomore year and one of the things we first bonded over was a shared love of Dr Pepper, which was conveniently available from the vending machine in the school’s lobby. Partway through the year, the school switched vendors and Dr Pepper was no longer one of the selections.

This was a protest-worthy slight.

You see, in my school, sophomores weren’t allowed off-campus for lunch, and even though you can bring your own food, who wants a warm soda on a hot day? My parents didn’t want me drinking soda at all, so having them buy me cans to bring into school was out. My friend’s parents had no issue with the soda, but didn’t care about whether he got it hot or cold.

And so we got his mom to pick us up a case of Dr Pepper from Costco, and separately, I convinced my parents to get a bunch of refrigerated/insulated bags and reusable ice packs, but neglected it was for keeping soda cold.

For the rest of the school year, we made a point of always being seen with cold Dr Pepper in our hands. We had it in our heads that we were sticking it to “the man” by bringing in the soda they no longer stocked, that we had been grievously wronged by a heartless administration and were embarking on the great civil rights struggle of our era. Occasionally someone would ask how we did it but we never spilled the beans that we had turned our lockers into makeshift coolers.

Oh, to be 15 and so self-righteous and so self-assured again :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks