What's new

Press Release MPI Press Release: The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet Seasons 1 & 2 (DVD) (1 Viewer)

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Looking forward to hearing when members here start receiving shipping notices for seasons 1 and 2...assuming of course that these first two sets ship out in advance so U.S. buyers receive them on or near street date. Guessing that I won't get mine here in Japan until the end of the month at the earliest. Only a little more than a week to go, guys...getting excited!

Adv_of_Ozzie_and_Harriet_Nelson_Family_1956_No_2.jpg
I have all four seasons on pre- order from Amazon. Looking forward to getting them and watching entire series in order!

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
Looking forward to hearing when members here start receiving shipping notices for seasons 1 and 2...assuming of course that these first two sets ship out in advance so U.S. buyers receive them on or near street date. Guessing that I won't get mine here in Japan until the end of the month at the earliest. Only a little more than a week to go, guys...getting excited!

Adv_of_Ozzie_and_Harriet_Nelson_Family_1956_No_2.jpg

With the scheduled shipping being June 21, it'll make that the longest day of the year for a second reason, at least this year.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
No, I was the last holdout, because I had to find the right combination at Target. But, Marvel Knights Black Widow and the upcoming Black Hammer volume 6 padded out the order to get all four sets ordered at once.

I do hope they keep pumping them out two per release on a monthly basis.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
I put an order through for seasons 1 and 2 of O & H, ordered from Amazon, I requested delivery on the release date so I should have these next week on the 21st, looking forward to them. :)

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Target ~$17.35/season after tax (all 4 seasons in 2 orders combined with other like priced qualifying product using the current B2G1 sale).
I got away with them all at just a shade under $16 each. The four sets and two TPBs that were $20 each cover price. So it was a decent price for everything.

My order for S1 and 2 is already at "Preparing to ship", too, so if I happen to get my stuff before everyone else I'll slap some pics up.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Do they ship separately or will that delay seasons 1 and 2 until 3 and 4 are released?

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Do they ship separately or will that delay seasons 1 and 2 until 3 and 4 are released?
Target ships as released. I've done orders with them during sales, received what was in stock, and had preorders ship a couple months later when released.

In fact, my one already released item arrived today from my order containing the Ozzie and Harriet sets, which will have the first two seasons ship out soon enough.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
No one has mentioned this, but MPI has done a nice job with the cover photos and artwork . Very classy and subdued, befitting the laid back nature of the show.
B&W photos can be a nice look fir a vintage fifties B&W show , although color photos can be nice too.

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
Cutting the negatives was not an unusual practice when preparing network shows for syndication early on. CBS made cuts in the negatives of I Love Lucy episodes to remove references to Philip Morris cigarettes as well as the original animated opens and did not save the cuts. To put together the first two seasons complete as originally broadcast for bluray release the cut parts had to be restored from 16mm delay prints.
Not just for syndication. CBS made new openings for reruns of Twilight Zone, Perry Mason and Alfred Hitchcock Hour to dupe people into thinking they were new episodes when rerun in subsequent seasons. Twilight Zone openings have been mostly restored*, but to this day some episodes of Perry Mason and Hitchcock have the wrong openings.

*Openings of "Mr. Denton on Doomsday" and "A Passage for Trumpet" have the wrong first-season openings. Also originally the first two episodes of the third season still had second-season openings (still seen this way in original syndication) but changed to third-season episode openings later to look consistent.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
I received shipping notification from Amazon, seasons 1 and 2 are on the way to me and scheduled to arrive tomorrow. :) This is my first time buying DVD's of O & H, I didn't purchase any of the best of/selected episodes collections and decided to hold out for complete season releases, glad that it's finally happening. I will try to post later tomorrow with some comments about the DVD's after I look them over.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I had thought about switching to Target for their B2G1 sale but then I remembered that my Amazon order was paid with a gift card given to me for the holidays, making it essentially free for me. I wound up leaving things as they were.

I just another Amazon gift card for Father’s Day so I think that’s gonna pay for seasons 3 and 4.

Only thing better than finally getting these releases is getting them free! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ontocloud9
Recent bookmarks