What's new

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu (2019) (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Though there's a certain logic to it,
since while they were combined they couldn't remember anything prior to the accident. Pre-merge and post-merge are like separate timelines. ;)
I think that's what the film has in mind, and I think that's super depressing! :(

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Finally got around to watching this on HBO Now.

It actually looks interesting. They obviously went all out making this a pokemon world - every frame has a loads of stuff in the fore and background.
This was the movie's biggest achievement in my book. Hollywood doesn't have a great track record of taking animated characters and putting them into a live action environment. But this movie did a very credible job of taking the Pokemon world and making it live action. All the CG Pokemon did a good job of looking exactly like the drawings, but with textures that are all drawn from real world creatures. And, as you mentioned, the environment is filled with them. It's not just a couple of foreground characters; in this world, the animal kingdom is made up of Pokemon.

I stayed through the end credits and it was interesting to see that the film was shot on 35mm rather than digitally. I thought that was unusual considering the kind of film it was and how much CGI was used in the film.
I had the same thought when I got to the end of the credits.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks