What's new

Receiver Question - 2 zones? (1 Viewer)

John F.

Auditioning
Real Name
John H Foley
Total Noob here, so please excuse my ignorance. My wife and I purchased/built a home a couple of years ago with a very open concept. Living room, dining room, and kitchen all in about 900 sqft room. We paid for it to be pre-wired for surround sound, but were given no advice beyond that decision...

I sketched out the layout - we have plates for 9 speakers in two adjacent zones, all in the ceiling. Do I need to purchase a 9.1 or 9.2 receiver to have access to all the speakers? Or can I get by with a 7.1 or 7.2 reciever? I don't have any clue how they wired this thing, but there are 2 audio control plates on the wall between the two zones, though there are no knobs or anything so I'm not sure what I'll find behind there. Should I assume that there are controls for two zones?

Apologies for STUPID inane questions! Any insights or recommendations are HUGELY appreciated.

JF

Attachments

• Speaker Layout - 2 zones.jpg
    Speaker Layout - 2 zones.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 50

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MasonStorm@HTF
Recent bookmarks