What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Roy Rogers in TruColor and Uncut (1 Viewer)

SuperClark

Second Unit
Real Name
Clark
Bert I may need to buy this looks great! 320 pages:) good deal
1712432035117.png

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
The UK art magazine ILLUSTRATORS Issue #43 is devoted to western pulp magazine art, Fred Harmon and 'Red Ryder' and western comic book artist John Severin. This magazine sometimes publishes both softbound and hardbound versions.
illustrators43covers-L.jpg

The publisher's website has issue #43 and many of the back issues up for reading online and even downloading a generous number of sample pages.
https://bookpalace.com/bpb/illustrators43peek/index.html

1.jpg

2.jpg

I always admired John Severin's realistic art. I was aware that he worked on early Mad and EC comics. But I never knew he worked for Cracked magazine for 45 years. I never bought one issue of Cracked and never even flipped through one at a newsstand. I guess I thought that would be disloyal to Mad.
4.jpg

Roy and Gene are there too.
6.jpg

Some Severin western art not in the article.
Cracked Magazine 014 028.jpg

Cracked Magazine 014 029.jpg

Cracked Magazine 014 031.jpg

82c1c1c8ec340035cff01c0eaa98b11a.jpg

Last edited:

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
GRIT is showing THE OUTCAST-1954, tomorrow, Tuesday night, 8PM to 10PM, EST and again 1AM to 3AM, early Monday, April 29th. THE OUTCAST is a 3-color Trucolor and was one of the restored Republics shown at the Museum of Modern Art in 2018.
1.jpg

Lots of old hands with John Derek, who's fighting against his uncle, Jim Davis, for the old homestead.

Bob Steele.
4 the-outcast-john-derek-bob-steele-1954-.jpg

Harry Carey, Jr. and Ben Cooper.
3.jpg

Slim Pickens and Buzz Henry.
2.jpg

THE OUTCAST, on GRIT tomorrow, is followed by a Colombia Technicolor John Derek western, "Ambush at Tomahawk Gap"-1953, with John Hodiak, David Brian, and Ray Teal.
5 1953 Ambush at Tomahawk Gap.jpg

Another interesting romance western comic book cover. It's Gail Davis advertising a Rocky Lane Republic western, DEATH VALLEY GUNFIGHTER-1949. But that's not Rocky Lane on the cover with her. It's Rocky Shahan in the standard 'Rocky Lane' outfit. Shahan was Rocky Lane's stunt double. I wonder if that's how Rocky Shahan picked up the 'Rocky' nick-name? You don't suppose it could have been the other way around? Shahan played 'Joe Scarlet' on the "Rawhide" TV series.
Rocky Shahan in Rocky Lane outfir with Gail Davis Death Valley Gunfighter 1949 R3p.jpg

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
The Carnation Chocolate malt mix ads brought back some memories of all the chocolate mix and syrup products advertised on 'kid' shows.

There was Ovaltine chocolate mix, Hershey and Bosco syrup in a pump bottle. And Nestle's Quik and others. I guess they are all still available,

Some Quik TV commercials with Roy and Dale and Adam West.

Supposedly, this Quik commercial clinched the Batman job for Adam West.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katarianig
Recent bookmarks