What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Terminator 2: Judgment Day (4K/3D) in theaters ...

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Title: Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)

Tagline: It's nothing personal.

Genre: Action, Thriller, Science Fiction

Director: James Cameron

Release: 1991-07-03

Runtime: 137

Plot: Nearly 10 years have passed since Sarah Connor was targeted for termination by a cyborg from the future. Now her son, John, the future leader of the resistance, is the target for a newer, more deadly terminator. Once again, the resistance has managed to send a protector back to attempt to save John and his mother Sarah.

Don't miss this chance to see T2 in theaters. AMC has an exclusive engagement this week and I don't know how long it will last. James Cameron did the 4K/3D conversion.

I saw this on Sunday, and while the 4K/3D aspect didn't do much for me, it was more of a "so what?" reaction because it was great seeing this all-time sci-fi/action classic on the big screen in any version! Like all of you, I've seen it many times on home video over the years, but not since 1991 in a real movie theater, and that's how it was made to be experienced.

With one exception, a fix that Cameron discusses making in the article linked, this version is the original theatrical release of the film, not an extended cut or anything like that:

http://ew.com/movies/2017/08/25/james-cameron-terminator-2-3d-fix/

Catch it while you can!

Last edited by a moderator:
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Looks like my theaters will show this again for a 2nd week though with 2/3 or so of the total screening. One of local had 2 showing per day will only have one during the weekday and 3 instead of 4 on weekend. I think the bigger theaters will do 2 or 3 per day instead of four plus one theater appears to be dropping it entirely at some point.

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Looks like my theaters will show this again for a 2nd week though with 2/3 or so of the total screening. One of local had 2 showing per day will only have one during the weekday and 3 instead of 4 on weekend. I think the bigger theaters will do 2 or 3 per day instead of four plus one theater appears to be dropping it entirely at some point.

Yes, that's why i said "catch it while you can". Other than the Lion King in 2011, these re-releases don't make big $$$ so they don't stay in the theaters long. You gotta move quick or you'll miss out. :)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I saw this on Monday night at 7:30pm, in an auditorium with a capacity of over 850 people. There were under a dozen people there.

There was more promotion at the theater for the Fathom Wrath Of Khan, an event this particular theater isn't even screening, on Monday night than there was for T2 3D at the same theater throughout July and August combined. I saw a handful of movies at AMC this summer, and not once did I see a trailer for this shown, and not once did a see a poster in the theater. Considering that AMC paid for a theatrical exclusive in the U.S., it makes zero sense that they're not promoting it in any way.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
KewL! It's playing Tues-Thurs this week in Edmonton. Going to check it out for sure.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks