What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Fall Guy (2024) (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I saw this today and thought it was fine. Ryan Gosling and Emily Blunt are so charming to watch that they elevated a pretty standard action comedy script. It wouldn't have been as good without them. There are some decisions made by some of the characters that don't make a ton of sense. Some jokes worked better than others. The whole thing could have felt more urgent with tighter pacing. But the movie was reasonably entertaining. David Leitch really delivered on the action and stunts and the movie certainly made good use of the big screen. The movie felt like a bunch of empty calories, I don't think I'll return to it much. But I liked it and would give it a light recommendation.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I was not going to see this, at least not in a theater, but the thing that is pulling me into seeing it is the guy that directed it directed Bullet Train, which I thought was a fantastic action/comedy. I recall reading several times that this guy's film Atomic Blonde is a fantastic, underrated film, has anybody seen that and have an opinion? He seems to put together killer casts for his pictures.
If you enjoyed Bullet Train, I think you'll enjoy this. Unlike Bullet Train, it has a linear narrative. But similar sense of humor, and similar relentless onslaught of back-to-back action sequences with a lot of inventive flair.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I was not going to see this, at least not in a theater, but the thing that is pulling me into seeing it is the guy that directed it directed Bullet Train, which I thought was a fantastic action/comedy. I recall reading several times that this guy's film Atomic Blonde is a fantastic, underrated film, has anybody seen that and have an opinion? He seems to put together killer casts for his pictures.

He also was an uncredited co-director on the first John Wick (basically, he was credited as producer and Chad Stahelski was credited as director, although both shared both jobs), and directed Deadpool 2.

He's pretty much the reason I want to see The Fall Guy.

GlennC

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Glenn
Seen it today. Although generally I enjoyed it I thought the first half dragged a bit and there was too much soapy stuff. The second half was great and I loved the use of the Miami Vice theme. I would have preferred a few more laughs though.

The end credits sequence was great as well as the cameos.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'm not surprised at all that The Fall Guy is already available for PVOD streaming as of today. That's just how Universal works now for films that open to less than $50 million.

I am surprised that the home release is already an extended cut.

The fact that there is literally more movie to be seen at home than is currently in theaters seems like Universal is essentially telling people not to go to the theater for the remainder of its run. You now get less if you choose to go to the theater than if you rent it. I would have expected them to debut the theatrical release for rental today and hold back the extended cut at least until the movie is out of theaters. But what do I know?

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I am surprised that the home release is already an extended cut.
I was surprised at that, too. I would have thought they might have sent the extended cut to theaters this weekend to see if they could generate any repeat business. But apparently they've decided it's not worth spending more money to promote an extended cut in theaters.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I was surprised at that, too. I would have thought they might have sent the extended cut to theaters this weekend to see if they could generate any repeat business. But apparently they've decided it's not worth spending more money to promote an extended cut in theaters.

That's too bad. I probably woulda been tempted just enough to see the extended cut at a (AMC) theater this week since there really isn't much else new and good this week...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FFMichael
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale