What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Fall Guy (2024)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Title: The Fall Guy (2024)

Tagline: The stuntman becomes the hero.

Genre: Action, Comedy, Thriller

Director: David Leitch

Cast: Ryan Gosling, Emily Blunt, Winston Duke, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Hannah Waddingham, Stephanie Hsu, Teresa Palmer, Lee Majors

Release: 2024-02-22

Plot: He’s a stuntman, and like everyone in the stunt community, he gets blown up, shot, crashed, thrown through windows and dropped from the highest of heights, all for our entertainment. And now, fresh off an almost career-ending accident, this working-class hero has to track down a missing movie star, solve a conspiracy and try to win back the love of his life while still doing his day job. What could possibly go right?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I have to be honest, I did not think this was a real project, I just thought it was some kind of parody of a potential Fall Guy movie. I guess it is the real thing though.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Subscriber Cover

F_Jr577XoAAiDSQ

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Love the poster style. Really should have the Bronco doing a jump instead of that Hummer, and the Fall Guy eagle logo on Gosling's shirt.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Advance tickets went on sale today, 51 days before the film opens.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Love that it was filmed mainly in and around Sydney! The second film in less than 6 months to feature Sydney (with Anyone But You).

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
My theater is promoting a "special advance screening" on May 1. Not sure why that's a big deal, with the movie out on May 3. Seems like a true advance screening would be somewhere around the first weekend of April.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
May 3 is a Friday. Even though the film is being promoted with the Friday date, showtimes will start on Thursday, May 2. So an advance screening on May 1 is essentially a day early. Studios do that from time to time and usually roll the cash into its opening day number. But everyone knows what the deal is. I don't think the studio is interested in advance screenings a month out.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
"Rom com" is not really what I was hoping for.

But if that's the case, I hope there is a Hugh Grant cameo saying "I'm getting too old for this shit."

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Did anyone here actually go to the Wednesday sneaks for this?

Edited to fix the intended question mark.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I think The Fall Guy is gonna take a bigger bite than Disney expected.
I don't think that matters very much. Are Star Wars fans who want to see The Phantom Menace again going to choose The Fall Guy over it? The fan base will come out regardless. Plus, whatever it makes is all gravy for Disney at this point. It made its money back long before Disney owned it, and the marketing costs for the re-release seem nominal. They don't need for it to be competitive with The Fall Guy for #1 in order for it to be a success.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QuirkyProtection
Recent bookmarks