What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Disney+ The Mandalorian (3 Viewers)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Take this with a grain of salt, despite the "confirmed" bit in the title, but it's said that George Lucas will be writing for one of Disney+'s Star Wars series.

Allegedly it is for the Andor series, which I don't find plausible, since that is being shepherded by Tony Gilroy.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Take this with a grain of salt, despite the "confirmed" bit in the title, but it's said that George Lucas will be writing for one of Disney+'s Star Wars series.

Allegedly it is for the Andor series, which I don't find plausible, since that is being shepherded by Tony Gilroy.

I MIGHT believe Lucas was working on a series that Dave Filoni was doing (since they must be buddies after working together on The Clone Wars for so long) but I'll believe he's working on Andor when I see it. That being said, I'd love to see him to do anything Star Wars-related again. C'mon, George, comic books are only 20 or 22 pages and Marvel would undoubtedly love to have you. :)

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
I think that show is so early on in its evolution that any ideas they have for the Cara Dune character can be transferred to another character that is also a veteran of the galactic civil war. The new character probably won't be a rebel shock trooper from Alderaan but she'll still have some ghosts in her past and have some emotional scars from the war. The problem now is that the show had an existing character to pull people in and now it has to start without that familiarity.
With the SW franchise, I can't see the need for the familiar character to pull people in for any new series. This franchise is a license to print money, and this isn't a "problem".

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I haven’t seen this covered, in episodes where the Mandalorian doesn’t reveal his face, is that still Pedro Pascal in the suit? And is it accurate to say all his dialogue is looped?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
With the SW franchise, I can't see the need for the familiar character to pull people in for any new series. This franchise is a license to print money, and this isn't a "problem".
That's largely true but all but one of the nine announced live-action and animated TV series definitely are rooted in another SW movie or series so Disney and Lucasfilm must think there is some value in having that previous connection. The exception is The Acolyte but so little is known about that, that there may be a connection to a previous movie.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I haven’t seen this covered, in episodes where the Mandalorian doesn’t reveal his face, is that still Pedro Pascal in the suit? And is it accurate to say all his dialogue is looped?
No, it's not always him in the suit. Sometimes it's actually John Wayne's grandson, Brendan Wayne, and there's a second stand-in actor as well. I'd be willing to bet that yes, all of his dialogue is probably ADR.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Katee Sackhott interview from yesterday, courtesy of Topps, starts at about 24 minutes into this
There are some technical problems at times, but it is a fun interview.

Horatio Sanz, who played Mythrol is scheduled for 2 PM ET today (Friday).
Edit: And here is the link for that.

Last edited:

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
In the Star Wars Card Trader mobile game they have been releasing Mandalorian Concept Art for each of the episodes. This week is Chapter 13. I am hoping we will see ones from Chapter 16, which like many of you I was disappointed not to see with the credits.
So, this would have been the week with the Concept Art for Chapter 16 if it had been supplied to Topps SWCT. Instead there was just Chapter 16 revisited cards. But maybe there will be Concept Art in the future.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I'm sure Shamook's talents will be put to use on a lot of projects at Lucasfilm.

I wouldn't be hugely surprised to see Luke again, especially since it would be hard to resist revisiting Grogu at some point.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
It’s being reported that Carl Weathers said at a convention this weekend that Season 3 will start filming in September.

if that’s the case, we are unlikely to see The Mandalorian return until late 2022.
October or November, 2022 is a safe bet. After Andor and Obi Won Kenobi

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks