What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

2024 MLB Season (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Correction. I recall last summer in Minneapolis we could bring a bag in to the park. In Atlanta no bags are allowed though.
The days of my youth when my grandmother used to pack fried chicken and devil eggs for us to consume during games at Shea and Yankee stadiums. I was the only the Yankee fan in my family back then the rest of my family were Dodgers fans due to Jackie Robinson until they left Brooklyn for greener pastures out west. Of course, they became Mets fans. However, on occasion my grandfather would take me to Yankee Stadium to watch my beloved pinstripes. For the most part, the Yankees were awful back then after 1964, but I remain loyal to my team.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
^^^

I recall once in the '90s sitting in front of parents and two children. They brought hot dogs in a thermos and much more. I don't blame them.

Yes. Bags are not allowed at all. The secret is to put a bag in your pocket and then go through security then use the bag. Not that I would ever do such a thing….
You are allowed to bring a bag into Dodger Stadium if it is clear (see through) and the size of a sheet of paper. You know, like a ziploc gallon size bag.

As for "putting a bag in your pocket and then going through security and then using the bag"... Not that I would ever do such a thing, either...

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
^^^

I recall once in the '90s sitting in front of parents and two children. They brought hot dogs in a thermos and much more. I don't blame them.

You are allowed to bring a bag into Dodger Stadium if it is clear (see through) and the size of a sheet of paper. You know, like a ziploc gallon size bag.

As for "putting a bag in your pocket and then going through security and then using the bag"... Not that I would ever do such a thing, either...
Got me again. Yes in Atlanta and Minneapolis you can bring a gallon ziplock bag with food in it.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Way back when we used to stop at the local hoagie shop and buy a hoagie each and something to drink to go into Phillies games

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
The Mets will be playing Tampa on Friday May 3rd and seeing Tampa Bay's new City Connect Unis
for all three games.

It's yet another black/gray based uniform. Which is probably why they're all standing in front of
colorful artwork to distract you.
kg58nxmnenrjtz1ry0fr-672x378.jpg

Screenshot-2024-04-29-at-12.00.47-PM-672x673.png

GMV8tUHXAAEwxq0-1_clipped_rev_1-672x399.png

A commenter on this article wrote: Lifelong Tampa Bay resident here. The Sunshine Skyway Bridge, which the Rays were smart for including in their CC uni, [it's on the cap logo above] runs from St. Petersburg in Pinellas County to Terra Ceia in Manatee County. Tampa isn't connected to it at all. The Howard Frankland Bridge and the Gandy Bridge are the bridges connecting Tampa and St. Pete.

It made me wonder why the commenter thought it was smart to include it if it isn't connected to Tampa?

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
Speaking of MLB uniforms in general, the players still aren't happy...

"This has been entirely a Nike issue," the memo to players read. "At its core, what has happened here is that Nike was innovating something that didn't need to be innovated."
[...]
"We cautioned Nike against various changes when they originally previewed them, particularly regarding pants," the union memo read. "MLB had been, and has been, aware of our concerns as well. Unfortunately, until recently Nike's position has essentially boiled down to -- 'nothing to see here, Players will need to adjust.'"
MLB declined to comment.
Nike did not offer immediate comment when reached by ESPN.
Fanatics did not respond to a request for comment.
The MLBPA declined to comment.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
A commenter on this article wrote: Lifelong Tampa Bay resident here. The Sunshine Skyway Bridge, which the Rays were smart for including in their CC uni, [it's on the cap logo above] runs from St. Petersburg in Pinellas County to Terra Ceia in Manatee County. Tampa isn't connected to it at all. The Howard Frankland Bridge and the Gandy Bridge are the bridges connecting Tampa and St. Pete.

It made me wonder why the commenter thought it was smart to include it if it isn't connected to Tampa?

Could be because Tropicana Field is actually located in St. Pete's, not Tampa, and that bridge is the closest major bridge to the park? This is another of those professional teams that, despite what their name says, are not actually located in the named city. Maybe they're "connecting" with St. Pete's rather than Tampa.

Last edited:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
The Mets will be playing Tampa on Friday May 3rd and seeing Tampa Bay's new City Connect Unis
for all three games.

It's yet another black/gray based uniform. Which is probably why they're all standing in front of
colorful artwork to distract you.
kg58nxmnenrjtz1ry0fr-672x378.jpg

Screenshot-2024-04-29-at-12.00.47-PM-672x673.png

GMV8tUHXAAEwxq0-1_clipped_rev_1-672x399.png

I like the uniforms! Hat is cool too. Thanks for posting!

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
What is it that you like about these unis?
Colors and the contrast. The hat is cool too.

Some more pictures here:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Great comeback by the cubs tonight. Mets really had it going for the first 7 innings.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Colors and the contrast. The hat is cool too.

Some more pictures here:

Okay, I’m glad you like them but they’re just black.
Virtually no color in them except for the logo.
Saw this comment in the article…
”..team but also the vibrant culture of Tampa Bay.”
I don’t see anything vibrant in that uniform.
The Mets, Phillies and I saw the White Sox today are all 90% or so black.

I like the city connects that actually do have colors and do look vibrant.
This trend towards black jerseys is boring and bland to me.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Okay, I’m glad you like them but they’re just black.
Virtually no color in them except for the logo.
Saw this comment in the article…
”..team but also the vibrant culture of Tampa Bay.”
I don’t see anything vibrant in that uniform.
The Mets, Phillies and I saw the White Sox today are all 90% or so black.

I like the city connects that actually do have colors and do look vibrant.
This trend towards black jerseys is boring and bland to me.
I get it. The City Connect jerseys are designed to be completely different than any uniform the team wears.

I’m not running out and buying these either. Even the Mets one is not something I would want or wear. They are fine for what they are. I also think some are better than others too.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Wouldn't think baseball players would want to be playing any day games in the hot sun wearing black or dark gray uniforms.

Seems like Nike has really dropped the ball on these. They're mostly basic and ugly. Surprised MLB and teams are going along with them.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Wouldn't think baseball players would want to be playing any day games in the hot sun wearing black or dark gray uniforms.

Seems like Nike has really dropped the ball on these. They're mostly basic and ugly. Surprised MLB and teams are going along with them.

I have I feeling they are contractually obligated to go along

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim

I think the black jerseys are ok for the Rays playing in the Trop.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I have I feeling they are contractually obligated to go along
A lot of the rub I get. They look completely different than the teams normal jerseys. It’s not for everyone for sure, I get what Nike is trying to do now that I understand the vision for each team and uniform.

Will I be buying the Mets city connect uniforms jersey? No.
: )

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
I just found out that MLB Is reinstating "Players Weekend" this year. That was an August promotion that originally ran in 2017, ’18, and ’19. This year’s edition will run on Aug. 16-18. That was when players wore pullover style jerseys with their chosen nicknames on the back, like these two examples:

ghows-PJ-4f4c2157-50e3-4eb4-8fc5-369505f1b5de-8c20af4d.jpeg

Screenshot-2024-04-25-at-2.30.26-PM-672x605.png

The 2019 version was a fiasco because it was decided the uniforms would be monochromatic. White for home teams and black for visiting teams, and you could hardly see the "nicknames" on them. The Dodgers played the Yankees that weekend and it looked like a nightmare. In fact, the Dodgers petitioned MLB not to wear them, but MLB declined. The Dodgers then asked if they and the Yankees could wear their regular uniforms for at least one of the games. Answer: No.

This year MLB is having the promotion again, but taking all the fun out of it. The players will wear their standard jerseys [the ones they currently don't like <_<] and there will be no nicknames.👎 Just specially designed caps. Hey MLB: The nicknames were the best part of the whole promotion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks