What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

2024 MLB Season (4 Viewers)

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
In the Dodgers win over Arizona last night, the Dodgers had zero strikeouts. First time for them since 2006. According to an article I read today, since 2017 there has only been 5 teams since 2017 with no strikeouts in a game and the other 4 were last year. They didn't say who those teams were, though.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I finished watching the yogi Berra documentary “it ain’t over till it’s Over” last night. Very good!

Reading Hank Aaron’s book “I Had A Hammer”. About halfway through it.

I hope the Mets can get back on the winning track tonight.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I hate bees. Used to swell up something awful, when I got stung. Hurt like Hell, too.

Trout injured his knee during Monday’s win vs the Phils, and will have surgery to repair the damage. He is expected to return this season, but will be on the sidelines for an extended period of time. 🙁

Last edited:

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
Best delay ever???
🐝
It wasn't the best if you sat down with your dinner (which included Bumble Bee Tuna, no less) to watch the game and then see the notice "Dodgers game is being delayed due to bee colony" which is amusing at first, but then takes two hours beefore the game starts. :emoji_bee: Then the Dodgers, after not striking out at all last night, manage three runs -- the first by a passed ball, the second by a balk and the third by a sacrifice fly, and then get stung, in extra innings, to a walk off home run, the second of the night by Christian Walker. I couldn't bee-lieve it. :emoji_bee:🐝

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I read a piece of an article about the Rockies making history last night, and definitely not in a good way. They had a 5 run lead after 8 vs the lowly Marlins, then went on to lose. This means that they’re the first team in the modern era (since 1900) to trail in every one of their first 29 games of a season. Just wow.

Update- make that their first 30 games. Marlins up 2-1 in the 6th.

Last edited:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Quite the end to the Cubs / Mets game:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Trout injured his knee during Monday’s win vs the Phils, and will have surgery to repair the damage. He is expected to return this season, but will be on the sidelines for an extended period of time. 🙁

Man, he just can't stay healthy (enough) to play even 120 games anymore... and dem Angels won't even have Ohtani this time... :huh:

_Man_

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
Exciting game at Dodger stadium last night with the Braves; 4-3 in 11 innings! (A run for each team in the 10th!) And much of it was because of the Dodgers rookies, pitcher Gavin Stone and outfielder Andy Pages, not the high-priced boys.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
Phillies, Mets, Rays and now...Detroit has unveiled their City Connect uniforms to debut on Friday.
All of them this year are looking like versions of the same thing. Dark with a side of some shade of blue.

i

No wonder the players never smile in any of the unveiling photos, either, I've noticed.
They should have embraced Motown more than the auto industry.

The front part of the jersey resembles tire tracks. Racing stripe on the sleeves.
In the top photo, if you notice the white stripe on the cap...that's a VIN number.

detroit-tigers-motor-city-city-connect-jersey-2024-new.jpg

Well, we'll see what the Guardians come up with next week. Maybe they'll connect with their Indian heritage. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Yashavi46
    Recent bookmarks