What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Fantastic Four (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
First poster

GKU4OkNWgAAzIis

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
That poster works for me. Looking at the building designs in the background - is this story set in the future?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
More of the same. Didn't they already do a Galactus story on film? Aren't there any other characters in these comic book franchises they can use other than recycling the same ones over and over?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
More of the same. Didn't they already do a Galactus story on film? Aren't there any other characters in these comic book franchises they can use other than recycling the same ones over and over?

They did, but that wasn’t exactly really Galactus it was just a cloud, Galactus isnt a cloud.
Also, that wasn’t a marvel company produced movie so I’m sure they want to do their own version of Galactus and the fantastic four.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I'm not sure the audience will care outside of comics fans. It just looks like repeating themselves.
Similarly, I'm not sure anyone but comic fans will care they are repeating themselves.

Personally--as a comic fan--I was hoping Galactus was the first F4 antagonist. He's one of Marvel's best and most interesting characters/concepts.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I'm not sure the audience will care outside of comics fans. It just looks like repeating themselves.

I'm not sure that much of the audience outside of comics fans will even remember that there were previous FF movies. Or if they do, it'll be just the Josh Trank one, which came out ~10 years ago rather than ~20 years ago. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there turn out to be folks out there who, after seeing Marvel's FF movie, think it's a rip-off of The Incredibles.

Anyway, Galactus has only been done once so far. Dr. Doom has been used three times. Galactus, at least if done right, has the potential to be as well received by audiences as Thanos.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Wasn’t the previous version of Galactus done in abstract? Like a weather balloon or something? Reminds me of Brando’s desire to voice Jor-El in Superman, where he’d appear as a green bagel or a suitcase.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Wasn’t the previous version of Galactus done in abstract? Like a weather balloon or something? Reminds me of Brando’s desire to voice Jor-El in Superman, where he’d appear as a green bagel or a suitcase.

Yeah I mentioned that a couple posts back.
He was a cloud of gas.

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
I'm not sure that much of the audience outside of comics fans will even remember that there were previous FF movies. Or if they do, it'll be just the Josh Trank one, which came out ~10 years ago rather than ~20 years ago. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there turn out to be folks out there who, after seeing Marvel's FF movie, think it's a rip-off of The Incredibles.

Anyway, Galactus has only been done once so far. Dr. Doom has been used three times. Galactus, at least if done right, has the potential to be as well received by audiences as Thanos.
Doom has been used three times? I saw him in the first FF movie, but where else did he turn up?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
He was in FanFourstic but not sure about the third appearance

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks