What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I first saw Woman On The Run on Prime 3-4 years ago, I believe it was the UCLA version, it looked good. It popped up again on Prime but this time a horrible colorized version. I searched many sources for the UCLA version & found it on YT but it suffers from the additional YT compression artifacts. Does anyone know of a good streaming source for the UCLA Woman On The Run & for that matter Too Late For Tears? Thanks!
From what I could find out, the UCLA restorations are not available to stream for free on any streaming service. However, iTunes now called AppleTV+ has the stream derived from the Flicker Alley Blu-ray (UCLA Restoration) available for rent or purchase. To rent the stream for either movie, it's $3.99. To purchase either stream it's $12.99.

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
From what I could find out, the UCLA restorations are not available to stream for free on any streaming service. However, iTunes now called AppleTV+ has the stream derived from the Flicker Alley Blu-ray (UCLA Restoration) available for rent or purchase. To rent the stream for either movie, it's $3.99. To purchase either stream it's $12.99.
Thanks Robert for your research. I did check ATV+, I saw MGM+, that put me off. I now see ATV+ has two versions available, I assume the version with the Flicker Alley cover is the UCLA version?
ATV+'s Too Late For Tears references MUBI & only one version is available, is it the UCLA version?
Again many thanks

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thanks Robert for your research. I did check ATV+, I saw MGM+, that put me off. I now see ATV+ has two versions available, I assume the version with the Flicker Alley cover is the UCLA version?
ATV+'s Too Late For Tears references MUBI & only one version is available, is it the UCLA version?
Again many thanks
If it has the Flicker Alley cover then it's the UCLA restoration. I don't have MUBI so I can't answer your question about them.

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
If it has the Flicker Alley cover then it's the UCLA restoration. I don't have MUBI so I can't answer your question about them.
I've contacted MUBI regarding provenance because there's a discrepancy between the subtitles offered on the Blu-rays & MUBI. I'll report back my findings.

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
I've contacted MUBI regarding provenance because there's a discrepancy between the subtitles offered on the Blu-rays & MUBI. I'll report back my findings.
I heard from John at MUBI support, Too Late For Tears is the UCLA restoration, & it's also available from ATV+.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks