What's new
World Wide Stereo

2019 Black Friday blu ray and UHd Blu ray deals (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
If the forum doesn't mind a plug for bluray.com -- this poster has done a spectacular running spreadsheet for a couple years broken down by price and store

If the mods here or dn862004 object I'll certainly understand a deletion
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=323029

HTF has ZERO restrictions on linking to competing sites. It's the other guys who freak out about links here =)

Subscribed for details =)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Best Buy seems to have the most titles on sale. Target has just a few this year.

it will be interesting to see how amazon does price matching too.

target and Best Buy will match online competitor prices in store from amazon and each other.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Best Buy seems to have the most titles on sale. Target has just a few this year.

it will be interesting to see how amazon does price matching too.

target and Best Buy will match online competitor prices in store from amazon and each other.

Away from the actual Black Friday deals. If they go 'on sale' for days ahead of time then there's a good chance, but I'm pretty sure both stores block all PM for that Thurs-Mon time period.

Walmart;s had some good disc sales the last couple years so there's is still hope there. I picked up a dozen or so 4K discs from them last year as well as a few BD IN-Store. You do have to be careful with them that they aren't putting out Special Stripped down BF versions though that seems to affect mostly the BD

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
There didn't seem to be too much interest in discs at my Walmart at last year's BF sales. They still had boxes and boxes left over several days after BF. I wondered if they'd reduce the inventory this year (it sounds Target may have).

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
There didn't seem to be too much interest in discs at my Walmart at last year's BF sales. They still had boxes and boxes left over several days after BF. I wondered if they'd reduce the inventory this year (it sounds Target may have).

target has been cutting down their media quite a bit.
I think they are going more online.

I have a few titles that I may pick up but I have actually picked up a lot of UHd titles lately.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, I've kind of lost interest in canvassing the big boxes for BF discs. Last year is the first time I actually didn't go out on Thanksgiving night to browse at Walmart. I ordered most of what I wanted online, and picked up a few impulse buys at Walmart a couple days later.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I’m planning on picking up quite a few 4K discs this year. Titles that I kept waiting to find a good deal on. I was looking at the Target B2G1 sale that ended yesterday to pick up titles but most of what I was interested in will be $4-7 cheaper during Black Friday sales than that sale.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I’m planning on picking up quite a few 4K discs this year. Titles that I kept waiting to find a good deal on. I was looking at the Target B2G1 sale that ended yesterday to pick up titles but most of what I was interested in will be $4-7 cheaper during Black Friday sales than that sale.

I’ll look on thanksgiving for online deals.

mill get over to target for sure on Friday morning. We don’t go out late for shopping anymore. 3 young children have brought sanity to our lives in that regard. Only that one though. : )

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I’ll look on thanksgiving for online deals.

mill get over to target for sure on Friday morning. We don’t go out late for shopping anymore. 3 young children have brought sanity to our lives in that regard. Only that one though. : )

My approach will be similar. Children and age also brought sanity to our lives in that regard too. The rest is full-on crazy though. ;-) Speaking of crazy, my sister and dad still brave the early morning sales so I may have her pick up some discs for me.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Some Walmart titles have been posted.

wizard of Oz UHd Blu ray for $10!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I posted the link to earlier to a BF Spreadsheet taken from early BF ads. Walmart Ad p16, lower right corner 9.96 titles - click and it will take you to the current page of items though at today's prices
I misinterpreted the post I was responding to. I thought "Some Walmart titles have been posted. wizard of Oz UHd Blu ray for $10!" was saying that it was already available for $10.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Walmart's BF ad is now available on their web site. There still appear to be a surprisingly large amount of disc titles.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I have three titles from the MCU that I'm still missing on disc -- Ragnarok, Ant-Man and the Wasp and The Incredible Hulk. I was hoping that I might get lucky and the two Disney ones in that list might go down a little bit to help me complete my collection without having to spend $24.99 a pop, which is the regular price at Target and Best Buy here. I'm still hesitant to order Disney titles from Amazon. So far,the ads don't appear to be granting my wish.

We'll see.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The Incredible Hulk.
I see the 4K pack of The Incredible Hulk on the $9.96 list at Walmart. Though the regular price appears to be only $14.96 if you want to buy now and possibly avoid missing it.

upload_2019-11-19_21-58-15.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks