What's new
World Wide Stereo

2019 Black Friday blu ray and UHd Blu ray deals (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I have a few titles and a few that I’m trying to decide on.

I figure if I have the blu ray and rarely watch it why get the UHd Blu ray.

plus I know back to the future and Star Wars are most likely coming in 2020. Along with hopefully the rest of the 007 films.

I may not buy much this Black Friday.

I should also say that I have bought several UHd box sets and other UHd Blu rays over the past few months too. I have a back log so not eager to add more to it.

lastly I have been selling some of my titles that I haven’t watched in over 5 years too.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's about game-time, and I barely found a dozen 4k titles I want that are on sale for this Black Friday/Thursday. It's like they aren't even trying anymore (the retailers). Guess streaming is the way of the future.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
It's about game-time, and I barely found a dozen 4k titles I want that are on sale for this Black Friday/Thursday. It's like they aren't even trying anymore (the retailers). Guess streaming is the way of the future.

I feel the same. I’ll pick up a few titles.
I actually have purchased a lot already over the past few weeks.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Best Buy live and most prices are accurate. Web site has been stable and minimal lag

Walmart -- some sales, but few of the prices are as low as the pre-list show, BUT that isn;t all that unusual since the BF AD has almost always been in-store only.

Target I guess goes live 3am ET (approx)

Deep Discount has started their sales between 4-5am ET the past 3-4 years

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Well, I placed my order with Best Buy. 9 UHDs for $91.91, which is kind of crazy. Especially since it includes all the Nolan Batmans, which normally go for about $65 just for those three.

I probably would have gotten Apocalypse Now, but it was already sold out.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
For those w/ an Amex card, Amazon is selectively(?) offering 20% off (upto $50 in total discounts) if you use your Amex card's rewards points for part of the order.

Not sure if you need to have your Amex card already linked to your account before they might make you the offer.

IF you get the offer, I'd recommend only using something like $0.10 worth of rewards point for each order -- Amazon will use all your points by default.

I just placed orders for 2 4K titles that they PMed Best Buy w/ the offer... :D

_Man_

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Pounded through the BB site for a bunch of the on sale 4K titles, and a few of the $4-$6 BDs (mainly animated Batman fare, and some $13 BD bundles (Apes trilogy, Transformers quintology), missed on the Mission Impossible 6-ology for $13, and Apocalypse Now 4k for $10. Can now totally avoid BB in-person if I want to (because my closest BB has the smallest parking lot ever for a BB, methinks, LOL!)

Now I wonder if it'll be worth it to head to Walmart for the $8 4K Endgame (plus just 2-3 other $8 4K titles listed there).

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Charlie’s angels and the grinch from Best Buy.
Wizard of Oz from amazon. All 4k titles.

That’s it for me, unless....

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Well, most of the titles I got are already sold out. I'm glad I jumped in last night.

Last edited:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Just saw the Apocalypse Now 4K deal is available again at BB (expected for end of year delivery), so went ahead and ordered -- didn't wanna wait for Amazon PM since it might get sold out again before that happens...

_Man_

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
For those with nearby Walmart's with Movies that haven't been pulled off the shelf and are avoiding the Opening rush -- many of tonights items are ringing up BF prices in store,
Others are reporting mixed success on certain titles

My 2 Home stores had pulled most of the BF titles off the shelf, at my inlaws the store had about 7-8 title I know are on sale tonight in the normal Movie Department
FFH 4K, XMen Dar Phoenix scanned 7.96
Godzilla King of the Monsters 4K 12.96

Angry Birds 2 4K was still normal price, One other BD I might have gotten is 5.96 tonight but still reg price today

This store didn't have it, but someone said John WIck 3 4K was ringin up 7.96

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
For those with nearby Walmart's with Movies that haven't been pulled off the shelf and are avoiding the Opening rush -- many of tonights items are ringing up BF prices in store,
Others are reporting mixed success on certain titles

My 2 Home stores had pulled most of the BF titles off the shelf, at my inlaws the store had about 7-8 title I know are on sale tonight in the normal Movie Department
FFH 4K, XMen Dar Phoenix scanned 7.96
Godzilla King of the Monsters 4K 12.96

Angry Birds 2 4K was still normal price, One other BD I might have gotten is 5.96 tonight but still reg price today

This store didn't have it, but someone said John WIck 3 4K was ringin up 7.96
I'll drive right past a Super Walmart on the way to work tomorrow, but honestly, the very idea of dealing with that place tomorrow morning makes me shudder.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
BTW, how many titles do you folks tend to buy in these sales? I’m at 15, and I feel like I should be flogged.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
BTW, how many titles do you folks tend to buy in these sales? I’m at 15, and I feel like I should be flogged.
I think I have purchased about 4-5 discs since the sales started last week, along with about the same number of streaming films. Most of the stuff on sale I either already have or do not want.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I think I have purchased about 4-5 discs since the sales started last week, along with about the same number of streaming films. Most of the stuff on sale I either already have or do not want.
I decided to upgrade some to 4K for Atmos, and eventually HDR once I have that. Plus some others I've wanted, but were just too expensive.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Hard to say. Really depends... but I count 18 for me thus far. Several are 4K upgrades while most are titles (both BD and 4K) released this year I simply waited for prices to drop into my comfort zone (or maybe simply waited for BF sales if they were released in last couple months)...

I bought a ton last year in part because of deals that helped convince me to jump into 4K purchases for first time... :P but that's not my norm...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks