What's new

CBS MOD DVD for 2019? (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member

Guess what? According to TV Shows On DVD's Facebook page, Here's Boomer has finally been released (as of March 15) on NTSC Region 1 DVD! Seasons 1 and 2 are both available, but treated as separate releases. Both are $24.99.

Fingers crossed that the 1979, '80 and '81 Paramount Blue Mountains will be intact, as well as the 1979 Christmas special!

~Ben

The price is brutal. $50 for 4 burned discs equaling about 10 hours of content. I had a heck of a time deciding to purchase it. But nostalgia wins out every time. Uncut at 25:00 per episode, and the picture quality is great. Blue mountain is on there, as is the Christmas special. Almost brought a tear to my eye seeing this again.

Last edited:

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
The price is brutal. $50 for 4 burned discs equaling about 10 hours of content. I had a heck of a time deciding to purchase it. But nostalgia wins out every time. Uncut at 25:00 per episode, and the picture quality is great. Blue mountain is on there, as is the Christmas special. Almost brought a tear to my eye seeing this again.
Very cool you did some spot checking! Now I know I can buy this!

~Ben

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Which set is the Christmas special on, Bryan?

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn

$50 is a small price to pay for nostalgia. You can't really return to the past. But spending a little time with an old favorite that gives you the warm fuzzies is worth it every time.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
$50 is a small price to pay for nostalgia. You can't really return to the past. But spending a little time with an old favorite that gives you the warm fuzzies is worth it every time.

That is certainly true. Watching "Here's Boomer" I had a great feeling of an innocent time of my childhood that I had almost forgotten. And I have to say the original end logo Paramount helps very much in retaining the magic of classic TV.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
That is certainly true. Watching "Here's Boomer" I had a great feeling of an innocent time of my childhood that I had almost forgotten. And I have to say the original end logo Paramount helps very much in retaining the magic of classic TV.

This would be the exact logo and jingle you found... on both the 1979 Christmas special and the standard season 1 run.

However, if I know right, the December 1980 special that closed out the season would use this one (with the slower version of the jingle) instead...

~Ben

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softwinsytems13
Recent bookmarks