What's new

ClassicFlix RARE TELEVISION Thread (1 Viewer)

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
Yvonne Lime is a blonde cutie.

1707374246524.png

Looking forward to the upcoming ANGEL series.

A&C Season 2 was excellent. 👏

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Straightaway a.k.a. The Racers, in it's only season on ABC in 1961-62, srarring Brian Kelly and John Ashley, could be a possibility, because it was a Racer Production, do you think it's possible, David?

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Straightaway a.k.a. The Racers, in it's only season on ABC in 1961-62, srarring Brian Kelly and John Ashley, could be a possibility, because it was a Racer Production, do you think it's possible, David?
We've looked into it, and it's high on the list, but music clearance may be an issue. We'll know more later this year.

- David
ClassicFlix Founder, Producer

Todd_Z

Agent
Real Name
Todd Zaganiacz
I know it's changed hands a few times but what about "The Bill Dana Show" Last time I remember seeing it broadcast anywhere was CBN and has certainly been out of syndication and viewing for many years now.

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
I know it's changed hands a few times but what about "The Bill Dana Show" Last time I remember seeing it broadcast anywhere was CBN and has certainly been out of syndication and viewing for many years now.
I looked into it some time back and hit a dead end. Can't remember the circumstances.

- David

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Shame, as that sounds interesting though I'm not familiar with it. Bill Dana's guest appearances on The Golden Girls as Sophia's brother, Angelo (and once as her father, too), were always a highlight.

Though from what I've read on Wikipedia, it sounds like there may be some touchy cultural issues related to the show.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I'm guessing you can't get it, but I'd love to see Waterfront. Might be with MCA/Universal though, so probably wouldn't be doable. Same with Boston Blackie. It'd be an incredible get for ClassicFlix, but probably not feasible.

Gary "thanks for all you guys are doing, David - looking forward to the next TV series announced" O.

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
I'm guessing you can't get it, but I'd love to see Waterfront. Might be with MCA/Universal though, so probably wouldn't be doable. Same with Boston Blackie. It'd be an incredible get for ClassicFlix, but probably not feasible.

Gary "thanks for all you guys are doing, David - looking forward to the next TV series announced" O.
Not sure about WATERFRONT. MGM owns BOSTON BLACKIE so that won't be happening.

- David

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

- David
Two volumes are on DVD. I know cause I bought'em in 2015 and 2019. Not great but not bad.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
So

- David
So, PD shows where complete acceptable elements exist have the best chance of being released. How about similar shows owned by estates of the original producers?
For example, Adventures Of Wild Bill Hickok which I believe Guy Madison owned? Or Ramar Of The Jungle which I believe Jon Hall owned?
I also wonder about some “lost” shows like Rescue 8, or Hey Landord?

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
So

So, PD shows where complete acceptable elements exist have the best chance of being released. How about similar shows owned by estates of the original producers?
For example, Adventures Of Wild Bill Hickok which I believe Guy Madison owned? Or Ramar Of The Jungle which I believe Jon Hall owned?

Rescue 8 is very high on my list. Would really love to see that released. Ramar of the Jungle had a substantial release via alpha many years ago. Quite a few volumes.

Gary “Wild Bill Hickok would be nice too” O.

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
So

Yes, PD shows, even if not complete, would potentially be on the list, however, we're overloaded with content right now and won't be looking at acquiring anything new until later this year/early next.

- David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks