What's new

ClassicFlix RARE TELEVISION Thread (1 Viewer)

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
I also wonder about some “lost” shows like [...] Hey Landlord?
I vaguely remember watching Hey, Landlord when I was a kid. Last June I happened upon a blog post about this show and in the post is embedded an episode of the series, so, of course, I watched it. Yikes. The premise of this particular episode is the two leads trying to secure tickets for an upcoming football game, so you might want to add it to your Super Bowl activities this weekend.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Yes, PD shows, even if not complete, would potentially be on the list, however, we're overloaded with content right now and won't be looking at acquiring anything new until later this year/early next.

- David
ClassicFlix Founder, Producer
Looking forward to that upcoming content!

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I vaguely remember watching Hey, Landlord when I was a kid. Last June I happened upon a blog post about this show and in the post is embedded an episode of the series, so, of course, I watched it. Yikes. The premise of this particular episode is the two leads trying to secure tickets for an upcoming football game, so you might want to add it to your Super Bowl activities this weekend.

Hey Landlord was a witty sixties style show that lasted for a single season. Sometimes it’s hard to figure out why these one season wonders didn’t catch on. Classic Flix has given us a number of them like Blondie, O’Henry Playhouse, World Of Giants and soon Angel.
Every one of those have been entertaining!

WWoD

Auditioning
Real Name
Aaron Willcott

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
Interesting article about several short lived TV shows.
Alaska TV shows don't seem to last long, like that article says. The recent one, Alaska Daily, I thought was really good and deserved another season.

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Alaska TV shows don't seem to last long, like that article says. The recent one, Alaska Daily, I thought was really good and deserved another season.
I watched a few Kodiaks at UCLA and its not that bad. True, Walker was a wooden actor, but its just another in the long line of Highway Patrol clones, except with better scenery. The Alaskans is unintentionally funny, with actors sweating in their heavy coats in warm Southern California. Likely we'll never get a chance to see it, as Dorothy Provine is belting out tunes in all of the episodes.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
David , are you familiar with a hour long 1961 NBC Civil War series called the Americans? It was a mid season replacement for the cancelled Riverboat series, and starred Darryl Hickman and Dick Davalos , and many great guest stars. The two leads played brothers who lived in a border state and fought on opposite sides in the War Between The States. I remember it being a solid show. 17 episodes aired, but supposedly more were filmed.
Wikepedia has an informative article about the show.
Is this something you might be interested in?

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
David , are you familiar with a hour long 1961 NBC Civil War series called the Americans? It was a mid season replacement for the cancelled Riverboat series, and starred Darryl Hickman and Dick Davalos , and many great guest stars. The two leads played brothers who lived in a border state and fought on opposite sides in the War Between The States. I remember it being a solid show. 17 episodes aired, but supposedly more were filmed.
Wikepedia has an informative article about the show.
Is this something you might be interested in?
Incidentally, this show may be PD , and episodes may be on file at the Library Of Congress since it’s a historical show.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
^^^

Do you guys really think that was a good show? Where have you all seen it since then? Are you just remembering it fondly, perhaps, because there were times I thought I'd love to see it again and see what it was like now. I recall watching it Sunday nights.

I wrote this in February on this thread:

[...] Last June I happened upon a blog post about this show and in the post is embedded an episode of the series, so, of course, I watched it. Yikes. The premise of this particular episode is the two leads trying to secure tickets for an upcoming football game. {...]

I watched that episode and it was terrible and I'm usually a pretty forgiving person when it comes to these things. The guy who posted it along with his observations had seen a number of these somewhere and was not too complimentary about the series, either. So I had to ask if your thoughts are based on memories of watching it back then or you've had other access to it recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks