What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
George Abbott and Stanley Donen’s Damn Yankees brings Broadway sass and verve to the big screen with a colorful and very faithful screen adaptation of the stage smash.

Damn Yankees (1958)

Released: 06 Mar 1959
Rated: Approved
Runtime: 111 min

Director: George Abbott, Stanley Donen
Genre: Comedy, Musical, Romance, Sport

Cast: Tab Hunter, Gwen Verdon, Ray Walston, Russ Brown
Writer(s): George Abbott (screenplay by), George Abbott (based upon the play "Damn Yankees" book by), Douglass Wallop (based upon the play "Damn Yankees" book by), Douglass Wallop (from novel "The Year the Yankees Lost the Pennant")

Plot: A frustrated fan of the hopeless Washington Senators makes a pact with the Devil to help the baseball team win the league pennant.

IMDB rating: 7.1
MetaScore: N/A...

Continue reading...

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This is one of those titles I've been waiting for in HD for a very long time.

I'm on my 2nd DVD (I wore out the 1st!).

So bring it on, baby!

My only quibble right now is that Amazon is projecting an April 9th delivery for the disc.

Maybe I need to look elsewhere.

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt

So bring it on, baby!

My only quibble right now is that Amazon is projecting an April 9th delivery for the disc.

Another excellent review Matt. Thanks! And Mike, same here for me regarding Amazon which is odd since I've received all of WAC's new releases on the day of release for the past several months now. I thought we were past the delivery anomalies from this last holiday season. Looking forward to seeing this one...eventually.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick

So bring it on, baby!

So, Warner Bros still delays online purchases by a month? I thought that was long over with.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
So, Warner Bros still delays online purchases by a month? I thought that was long over with.
Many of the recent WAC releases were not delayed. So this may be a one-time occurrence.

I know my Deep Discount copy is being shipped now (CC charged Sat, tracking # assigned this morning)

GlennF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn Frost
Up here in Canada I have used Deep Discount and have found them very reasonable price wise and always ship promptly. They often have 10 or 15 per cent off sales.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Many of the recent WAC releases were not delayed. So this may be a one-time occurrence.

I know my Deep Discount copy is being shipped now (CC charged Sat, tracking # assigned this morning)
He, I'm sure, is talking about Amazon - I ordered from there, too, and it's at least two weeks to ship date, which is absurd and hopefully will be fixed.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
He, I'm sure, is talking about Amazon - I ordered from there, too, and it's at least two weeks to ship date, which is absurd and hopefully will be fixed.
I was referring to other recent Amazon WAC releases that came out in a timely manner for the past few months

(Tale Of Two Cities, San Francisco, After The Thin Man, Shop Around The Corner, Pajama Game, etc. all ordered by me from Amazon)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yes. I have been getting my WA releases from Amazon on time recently.

But this April 9th date on Damn Yankees seems to be a throwback to when there were issues.

I checked out switching my order to Deep Discount but couldn't find anything else to order to engage free shipping.

I watched my DVD recently enough. I can wait a little bit longer.

dukiejosh54

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
Did amazon stop doing release day delivery? my WAC pre-orders had been arriving the day of release the last several months but this month both my orders estimated delivery was after the release date.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Just got the Amazon notice that, even though the arrival date they had as of earlier today was March 24th through April 21st, the package shipped today and is due to arrive tomorrow by 10pm. I expect others will get the same and they will arrive on time!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Just got the Amazon notice that, even though the arrival date they had as of earlier today was March 24th through April 21st, the package shipped today and is due to arrive tomorrow by 10pm. I expect others will get the same and they will arrive on time!
Yup, I got a similar email notice which is why I didn't cancel my Amazon orders for this movie nor Crossfire as Amazon constantly does this crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks