Turning Red Pop! 7" Plush -- 600 Pts

425684266_935837704569688_1933212608161872988_n.jpg

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
NEW/RELISTED DMI REWARDS -- Feb 7, 2024

Turning Red Pop! 7-Inch Plush - HOT REWARD 600
-- didn't catch the exact starting number but I'm guess only 500. Never seen such a small number to start. I gues they decided to make it a HOT REWARD for a small discount rather than a SALE item which has been their past pattern. Again I can't ever remember a previous regular price item becoming a Hot Reward later

Disney and Pixar's Soul Notebook & Stationery Set 850
Disney and Pixar's Soul Ball Cap 800 -- relisted item for 2021

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Mei's right eye being in a wink state seems weird to me. I also don't know about having a stuffed animal representing a teenage girl. :laugh: So I'll probably pass on this week. The Soul hat is kind of tempting, but I really don't have much use for it as I already have other Disney hats that I don't really use much.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Getting invalid code. Tried different combinations of spaces and no spaces.

You didn't include the 8, right?

Apparently, it's 8 points for the code: YEAROFTHEDRAGON

And yes, it's the year of the Dragon! Happy Lunar New Year! :cool:

FWIW, I'm guessing it's worth an unusual 8 points because 8 is some kinda good luck number for Chinese -- not sure about other East Asian cultures that also celebrate Lunar New Year and (old) traditionally used lunar calendar though...

_Man_

Yeoman007

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rick

FWIW, I'm guessing it's worth an unusual 8 points because 8 is some kinda good luck number for Chinese -- not sure about other East Asian cultures that also celebrate Lunar New Year and (old) traditionally used lunar calendar though...

_Man_
That fixed it for me. I was always putting in the 8.

Rick

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

_Man_

Actually, that lucky number thing might be mostly (at least originally) a southern Chinese thing... or maybe even mainly Cantonese probably due mostly to how it sorta rhymes w/ the character for (growing) wealth. That seems to be pretty typical w/ such, including how they don't like the number 4 because it sounds so much like "death" (in both Cantonese and Mandarin and probably also various other dialects... and maybe even some of the other East Asian languages). For instance, that's supposedly why Canon even skipped the model number G4 for their then popular flagship digicam series back during the mid-2000's and went straight from G3 to G5.

_Man_

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

_Man_
Yeah, I was including the 8. Brain fart on my part.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
NEW HOT REWARD PREVIEW - Feb 14, 2024 starting Noon ET

MYSTERY Blu-Ray -- 400 pts

427887812_940012204152238_121286913861580071_n.jpg

Honestly another item available since Day 1 of new DMI for a small discount. With the crackdown on repeat BD DMI points even that doesn't help.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I've never understood the appeal of mystery discs as rewards. If they give you something you already own, then you're stuck with it and out of luck. People who are registered with the Disney points program probably have a lot of Disney discs, so the likelihood of you getting something new doesn't seem high. I'd rather know what I'm getting with my points.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Mystery discs have always felt to me to be a way to dump titles that haven't sold well.

IIRC I did take advantage of a DVD Mystery disc once (and think it was when they were changing the program so I was wanting to spend down to as close to zero as possible just in case and nothing else was as cheap). It was nothing I'd have purchased. At least I got most (all?) of the points back redeeming the title when the program was re-instated so it wasn't a total loss... but I got lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softwinsytems13
Recent bookmarks